Are you prepared to advise LGBTQ students about opportunities to study, intern, and learn abroad in countries that are not only safe, welcoming and inclusive but where they can truly be themselves?
This e-learning short course provides terminology related to LGBTQ social identities, tips for holistic advising and pre-departure considerations for LGBTQ students considering study abroad, as well as resources to support this population.
Through this course, you will:
- Demonstrate awareness of foundational terminology related to LGTBQ social identity
- Articulate your advising philosophy
- Understand a holistic advising process with an emphasis on pre-departure considerations for LGBTQ students considering study abroad
- Explore the top reasons LGBTQ students may benefit from study abroad
- Identify resources related to advising LGBTQ students for study abroad
- Create actionable next steps for incorporating this information in your practice
Please note that all Diversity Abroad Short Courses are available for 7 days after purchase. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions for additional information.
$29.99Preparing LGBTQ Students for Health & Safety Abroad